How to configure your cPanel Domain Email on Android
- For this tutorial, we will be using Google’s Gmail App to manage our domain emails. You can also use other email apps.
- Our Android version is 7.0 but there aren’t too many differences between the other versions
- Go to Settings
- Click Cloud and Accounts
- Click Accounts
- You should now see a list of configured accounts on your phone
- At the bottom of the list, you should see a button labeled “Add Account“. Click it
- You will now see a list of Account Types. Since we will be using the Gmail app to manage our domain email, click on Personal (IMAP). If you want to know the differences between IMAP and POP emails, check out the following link
Differences between POP and IMAP Type of Emails
- Now add your domain email address and click Next. For example, email@example.com
- After that add your password and click Next
- Now we need some details from our web mail such as Incoming and outgoing server, usernames and port numbers to complete our configuration
To get the Incoming and Outgoing Server and other configuration settings
– Login into your Webmail, click on your username / email account on the top right side of the screen
– Click on Configure Mail Client
– You will now get mail configuration settings
– We will use the Secure SSL/TLS Settings on the right
– As per the our mail configuration settings, we can see that we should use our full email if we’re asked for a username and use the format mail.yourdomain.com as Incoming or Outgoing server.
This settings might change depending on your hosting company or server settings.
- Back to our configuration.
If you are asked for a Username, add your full email address just like firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are asked for a server (Incoming or Outgoing), you can find it above. For this case, our server address is mail.yourdomain.com for both incoming and outgoing
- Click Next
- For Outgoing server settings, if you have an option to select Sign-In (It might be shown as Required Sign In or Authentication), Enable it
- If all your details are correct, you should see the Account Options page where you can set the frequency of the email synchronization and other settings
- If you get an error message about your username or password being incorrect, it usually mean you have the wrong details from username (email), password or server settings. In some cases, you should also check the port settings if it’s possible
- If you’re copying and pasting the details, make sure there are no spaces before or after your details